Wine Lovers Paradise in the Heart of Beaune, France
Burgundy is vintage B&R territory—a place renowned for its culinary traditions, celebrated wines and rich history. Situated in the heart of prestigious vineyards, like Pommard, Corton-Charlemagne, La Romanée-Conti whose names make wine lovers' eyes sparkle, Beaune is a city of art and culture, fine wine and the European home of Butterfield & Robinson.
Stay at an intimate pied-à-terre in the historic town of Beaune—a truly special property, owned by the Butterfields. From this idyllic home base, you are steps from charming shops, cafés and galleries. Embark on a bike (or have a car arranged) to explore nearby famous winemaking towns, walk through the vineyards and enjoy a tasting with a local expert. This Burgundy experience offers a rich immersion into this magical region. In sum, it's pure pleasure.
A Little Bit About Bastion Ste. Anne: Holding a unique place in B&R's history, the Butterfield property dates back to 1637. An official historic monument, the Bastion Ste. Anne has been transformed into a modern gem of comfort. The one-bedroom home (plus loft bedroom, best suited for a max of two young kids) features ancient stone walls that are juxtaposed with clean contemporary design. Its walled courtyard houses a gorgeous garden that is private just to you.
Day by Day
- Rendezvous and tour with a local historian who will guide you through the fascinating streetscapes of Beaune
- Visit the famous Hospice de Beaune, an historic example of 15th century architecture.
- Cycle through Burgundy along the famous vineyards of Cote de Nuit.
- Enjoy a private table d'hotes of the prestigious Domaine JL Trapet in Gevrey-Chambertin
- Savour a chef-catered private dinner in the magical setting of your private walled garden at the Bastion
- Experience an exclusive introduction to Burgundian wines and expert-led tasting with B&R friend and winemaker Jane Eyre-Renard
Insider Access: Beaune
Behind an assuming door in a stone wall you will encounter a transformation like no other. The Bastion Ste Anne was restored and reinvented into a modern and intimate retreat. Relish the serenity and comfort of this unique private home and lush garden within the medieval walls of Beaune.
From The Slow Road, the blog of Butterfield & Robinson
Starting from $3,995 per person
- Price does not include flight.
- Room based on 2 people/double occupany.
- 5 days/4 nights.
Award-winning and extraordinary experiences tailored to meet your every need, with every detail crafted just the way you want it. Work with your dedicated B&R Trip Designer specialized in Beaune and Burgundy to help you plan your ultimate travel experience.
Book a Private Jet to Beaune
For a complete end-to-end trip, our team of Aviation Advisors can work with you and Butterfield & Robinson to fly you there in style aboard our private jet charter fleet.